Sunday, December 31, 2017

2018 Goals

This is my year for genealogy.  In January, I start the 15-week genealogy certificate program through Boston University.  It is time to focus on improving my skills, learning new ones, and overall immersing myself in the field.  Time for 2018 Genealogy Goals!  I decided to make them SMART goals.  In order to achieve these goals, I'll keep them simple, make a plan, and track their progress.

S = Specific
M = Measurable
A = Attainable
R = Realistic
T = Timely

1. Post in my genealogy blog consistently all year.
2. Read one genealogy journal article a week.
3. Submit an article for publication to a peer reviewed journal.
4. Organize all my current research into a system.
5. Scan and upload all family pictures that I have.
6. Attempt one Find a Grave volunteer photo a month.

The third one does appear to be vague, but it can be broken down into specific steps.  I'm considering using Evernote to organize everything I have, but I want to see what the program recommends before I undertake this huge project.

Although I planned to write this post anyway, this is in response to Randy Seaver's Saturday Night Genealogy Fun post over at Genea-Musings.

No comments:

Post a Comment